I'm about half finished with block 6 and have cut out the pieces for block 7.
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Finally...Block 4 finished...and in the nick of time because Block 5 is nearly here. How are the rest of you going?...would love to see any alternate fabric versions. Nearly half-way through...can't wait to see how all the blocks will go together....the colour schemes for each are so different. It's nice having some hand-piecing to do in amongst all the machining. I've never found machine-piecing to be accurate, no matter how anal I get about the 1/4" seams. Have just started learning foundation piecing which is fun but confusing. Anyway, I'm enjoying this BOM - it gets quicker each time and I don't have to think about choosing colours. Not sure how I'm going to position the blocks at the end...whether to have the diamond at the top or the triangle or just mix it up.
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Block 3 completed! I was looking forward to a nice long weekend (to commemorate ANZAC Day) but managed to get myself sick with some version of the flu so ended up taking 2 days' sick leave as well. But it wasn't a complete waste of time. Did Block 3 whilst sitting like a zombie in front of the TV. I love the colours...they helped cheer me up. My yellow outer triangles are a different fabric from the picture so will be interested to see what fabrics you other ladies have. I think I cut my triangles with the half flowers a bit differently too. In the pattern, the half flowers aren't so prominent so maybe I overdid it. But still having some problems with those pesky tails. Hardly took any time to put together...maybe that's partly due to the excitement of opening the package, drooling over the fabrics and cutting them up...this fussy cutting is addictive. Or maybe I was just bored witless. I think I will have to disinfect my block.
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Block one completed. Block two almost done. I finished the paper piecing and will start appliqueing it to the backing this afternoon. But I thought I would a picture of it in it's almost completed state.
The fabrics I received for Block 1 are the same as Susan's, however I misplaced the strip for the triangle tips so used one that I had in my stash that was a diffent colorway. The fabrics for Block 2 are quite a bit different and give a different look entirely. The color is a little washed out in my photos though.
Block 2 took a lot less time to piece. I stitched the squares to the diamonds first to make a ring. Then stitched two yellow triangles to one striped triangle, then attached to the diamond /square section, finally stitching the whole mess to center hexagon. This process was less awkward and faster for me. Still looking for a way around the thick points.