Sunday, April 11, 2010

Block one completed. Block two almost done. I finished the paper piecing and will start appliqueing it to the backing this afternoon. But I thought I would a picture of it in it's almost completed state.
The fabrics I received for Block 1 are the same as Susan's, however I misplaced the strip for the triangle tips so used one that I had in my stash that was a diffent colorway. The fabrics for Block 2 are quite a bit different and give a different look entirely. The color is a little washed out in my photos though.
Block 2 took a lot less time to piece. I stitched the squares to the diamonds first to make a ring. Then stitched two yellow triangles to one striped triangle, then attached to the diamond /square section, finally stitching the whole mess to center hexagon. This process was less awkward and faster for me. Still looking for a way around the thick points.


  1. You were clever to have that triangle fabric in your stash - looks great! Your Block 2 is so different from mine. Looks nice and light against the bright background and the round pattern in the squares really stands out. Nice to have variety.

  2. I must say I prefer your version. The diamonds/ triangles are not as clearly defined in mine. I should have put the red stripes on the outer point edge instead of the inner. I will preview before I sew next time.

  3. I like the crispness of your version and I like the secondary hexagon that your inner red stripes make. I'm a bit disappointed I didn't get a bigger central flower.